Why it's taken me 32 years of my life to finally make my own queso, is so beyond me. Seriously, what have I been doing this whole time? Well, finally...i did it and it's super easy to make. I have the delish recipe below so you can have a hot bowl of cheesy goodness in no time.
WHITE QUESO DIP
- 1 Tbsp Butter/Margarine
- 1/4 cup Red Onion, diced
- 1/4 cup Green Pepper diced
- 12 oz White American Cheese (got slices from deli)
- 4 oz Pepper Jack cheese shredded
- 1/4-2/3 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1 Tomato - diced
- Fresh parsley, chopped (you may want to use cilantro instead)
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan. Cook the onion and pepper (med/high heat) until softened and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the shredded cheese and 1/4 cup of the milk. Stir, stir, stir until melted together
- Add the tomatoes, parsley & cayenne to your liking
- Add more milk if you'd like a thinner consistency.
- Pour into a heat safe bowl and enjoy with tortilla chips!
(Recipe inspiration from here)